Tuesday, August 4, 2020

NO UNIFORMS!!!

Hello world!
Today is another (yes another) persuasive writing piece.
This one as you can probably tell from the title this piece is about why students shouldn't have to wear uniforms.
So uh I hope you enjoy and lets get into it! 


Should students have to wear school uniforms?

By Lucretia.

General statement


Personally I don’t think that uniforms should be something students have to wear, my reasoning for this will be explained soon but one reason is, if students can wear their own clothing they are able to express themselves.

Wearing what you want lets you express yourself.

As I just said, wearing what you want lets you express yourself, some people like wearing crop tops and jeans while others like to wear tights and a baggy t-shirt, when you get to wear what you want the clothes you wear can show what kind of person you are and that’s a way to express yourself.
Something I also think people should be able to do is dye their hair, the reason for this is because again it can express who you are and some people like to make their hair a different color.


Dress code

Now I know I’ve been talking about wearing what you want, but while that is mainly what this is about I think each school should still have a dress code.
The reason for this is because while of course I would love for people to be able to wear what they want to school but schools would need rules because otherwise students will wear clothes that are let's say risque.
So here are some rules that I think would be good for schools.

No wearing outfits with cleavage.
No wearing necklaces as they can be pulled on.
You can wear rings but for certain classes you will be asked to take them off
No anklets as they can get caught on stuff and make you trip.
No very short skirts shorts are allowed as long as they are not short shorts.
You can wear tank tops as long as no chest area is showing and the straps are not spaghetti straps.
No crazy dresses or anything like that.

These are the main ones that I think should be there but schools could add a couple more that they think are important.

More reasons uniforms should be banned

So this part is mostly to show some reasons why uniforms are not that great so let's get into it.

-We have to wear uniforms our whole life.
With schools if you have to wear uniform it means you never really get to wear what you want because once you become an adult you have to get a job and that job is most likely to have a uniform you have to wear each day.

-They are expensive.
Schools always seem to make uniforms super expensive so the child's parents might not have enough money to buy the uniforms and if they do the parents don’t have enough money for other things.

-They can cause discomfort. 
Some students have allergies to some stuff in the uniform and the tightness in some uniforms can be very uncomfortable.

Conclusion

Alright, that's all for today. I hope that I have convinced some people, maybe even some teachers, that schools shouldn’t have uniforms and I hope you have enjoyed it.
Goodbye!

It this was a bit long but I hope you liked it and please tell me what you think and what you think I could do to make it better.






No comments:

Post a Comment